Think Globally, Teach Locally was a project that was part of a grant from the Regional English Language Office in Belgrade and the U.S. Embassy in Montenegro. Through five workshops, Think Globally, Teach Locally was held from October 2021 to February 2022 in the cities of Pljevlja, Berane, Herceg Novi, and Ulcinj. In addition, one virtual session was for the educators from Podgorica, Niksic, Cetinje, and Savnik.
The project result was that over 200 teachers were reached in Montenegro, and over 100 projects were submitted. The submissions were divided into two categories, primary and secondary school. Both categories awarded four projects for submitted presentations, short videos, and comics.
Here is the list of the winners:
1. Dženana Kalač (Children’s safety in Traffic- video), primary school “Bratstvo i jedinstvo”, Rožaje, teacher Ilda Kalač.
2. Kristina Vulović (Coronavirus ppt), secondary school “Vukadin Vukadinović,” Berane, teacher Biljana Đukić.
3. Kristina Tomašević and Laura Benusi (Bullying and ppt), both from primary school “Milan Vuković,” Herceg Novi, teacher Marijana Razić.
4. Lana Đakonović (Stop Gender Inequality – video), primary school ”Boško Strugar,” Ulcinj, teacher Nađa Vujanović.
5. Sara Škrelja (Stereotypes ppt), the primary school ”Maršal Tito,” Ulcinj, teacher Abela Avdiu.
6. Anđela Gašević (Local problems – comic) primary school “Bogdan Kotlica“ Šavnik, teacher Natalija Savićević Mrvaljević.
7. Josipa Čelanović (Impact of social media ppt), Art High School “Petar Lubarda,” Cetinje, teacher Aleksandra Vujović.
8. A special prize was awarded to Muhamed Kolenović from primary school “Dzafer Nikočević” in Gusinje, teacher Sladjana Čekić.