The English Language Teachers’ Association of Montenegro ELTAM, with financial support from the U.S. Department of State through the U.S. Embassy in Podgorica, will provide scholarships for English language instruction to a group of 20 talented students in Podgorica. Students will be ages 15 to 17 from the first and the second grade of secondary school and will represent disadvantaged economic backgrounds. Through the Access Program, the students will become familiar with many aspects of U.S. culture and develop a deeper understanding of U.S. values.
This program will also give the teachers an opportunity to be part of a committed and professional ELTAM team. Teachers will learn and share best practices in English language teaching and have a chance for professional development. This experience will provide an opportunity for teachers to contribute to the socio-economic development of their community, as well as increase their competitiveness for future U.S. educational and exchange programs.
Regular classes will be held in afternoons/evenings and on Saturdays in addition to other activities that will be scheduled during the program.
- University degree with the qualification “English Language Teacher”
- At least one year of experience teaching English as a second language
- Active participation in professional development activities
- A high level of creativity and knowledge of the U.S. society and culture
- Fully completed and timely submitted application form
Note: Preference will be given to teachers who have already actively participated in some of the trainings offered through the State Department/U.S. Embassy resources or the English Language Teachers’ Association of Montenegro ELTAM; and teachers with a track record of youth work/empowerment outside of school activities as well as unemployed teachers who meet the other stated criteria.
COMPLETE APPLICATION INCLUDES
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- One-page cover letter (motivation for applying and explanation of how you would teach English to students from an economically disadvantaged background)
- A sample lesson plan (two-hour workshop including one of the topics about U.S. culture and values such as diversity, tolerance, stereotypes, etc.)
- Participants will be selected through an open, merit-based competition. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview conducted by representatives of U.S. Embassy Podgorica and ELTAM – the Access Program Provider.
- Motivation, qualification, trustworthiness, devotion, personal and professional characteristics will be taken into consideration when choosing teachers for the Access Program in Podgorica.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
– Motivation, qualification, trustworthiness, devotion, personal and professional characteristics will be taken into consideration when choosing teachers for the Access Program in Podgorica.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 27th, 2023 till 5 p.m.