English Language Teachers’ Association of Montenegro ELTAM, with the financial support from the U.S. Department of State through the U.S. Embassy Podgorica, provides scholarships for English language instruction to a group of 17 talented students in Pljevlja. Students are ages 15 to 17 from the first and the second grade of secondary school and represent disadvantaged economic backgrounds. Through the Access Program, the students become familiar with many aspects of U.S. culture and develop a deeper understanding of U.S. values.
This program gives the teachers an opportunity to be part of a committed and professional ELTAM team, learn and share best practices in English language teaching and have a chance for professional development. This experience strengthens their opportunities to participate in their community’s socio-economic development and apply for future U.S. educational and exchange programs.
Regular classes are held in afternoons/evenings and on Saturdays in addition to other activities that will be scheduled during the program.
- University degree with the qualification “English Language Teacher”
- At least one year of experience teaching English as a second language
- Active participation in professional development activities
- A high level of creativity and knowledge of the U.S. society and culture
- Fully completed and timely submitted application form
Note: Preference will be given to teachers who have already actively participated in some of the trainings offered through the State Department/U.S. Embassy resources or the English Language Teachers’ Association of Montenegro ELTAM; and teachers with a track record of youth work/empowerment outside of school activities as well as unemployed teachers who meet the other stated criteria.
COMPLETE APPLICATION INCLUDES
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- One-page cover letter (motivation for applying and explaining how you would teach English to students from an economically disadvantaged background)
- A sample lesson plan (two-hour workshop including one of the topics about the U.S. culture and values such as diversity, tolerance, stereotypes, etc.)
- Participants will be selected through an open, merit-based competition. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to the interview conducted by the representatives of the U.S. Embassy Podgorica and ELTAM -the Access Program Provider.
- Motivation, qualification, trustworthiness, devotion, personal and professional characteristics will be taken in consideration when choosing teachers for Access Program in Pljevlja.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 16th, 2022 till 5 p.m.